Working Better Together
- Are you keen to make a difference to the health and care of our local communities?
- Is there a ‘wicked issue’ in health or care in Herefordshire or Worcestershire you would like to tackle?
- Would you like the opportunity to gain new skills and experience in effective ‘system working’ and how to work effectively with other people beyond traditional organisational boundaries?
What is the Working Better Together Programme?
The Working Better Together programme is a six month, practical and interactive programme designed to develop people’s ‘system working’ skills, behaviours and confidence in working effectively together beyond organisational boundaries to tackle issues related to the health, care and wellbeing of local people that can best be solved collaboratively. Its aim is:
"To develop and enable groups of people in a 'place', in localitites, across the ICS or along a care pathway to work effectively together beyond organisational boundaries on challenges of mutual concern that can best be solved by people and orgaisations working together".
Who is it for?
The programme aims to bring people together from across organisations and sectors working in health and care to make improvements. It is open to people working in any organisation in Herefordshire or Worcestershire linked to the health, care or wellbeing of local people - local councils, NHS, primary care, charities, voluntary and community sector organisations, people with lived experience as well as individuals working in wider health related areas such as leisure centres, education or housing providers or food outlets.
The key element is their interest and enthusiasm to make a difference around a project topic to make improvements to the health and care of our local population.
What will it involve?
This exciting new programme offer includes a series of practical and interactive workshops designed to support you with developing effective system working skills and behaviours, tailored to the needs of your project group. A key focus of the programme will be working together with a group of people around a ‘wicked issue’ or topic to make improvements for local people in Herefordshire & Worcestershire. The offer also includes a development centre, action learning sets and access to coaching, shadowing and 360 feedback.
How do I express an interest?
Expressions of interest are welcomed from:
- Multi-sector and multi-organisational groups of ten people who have a project topic or ‘wicked issue’ they would like to work on together with support from the Working Better Together programme; or
- Individuals or smaller groups who have a great idea and passion for a project topic, who could be matched with people from across other organisations and sectors with similar interests.
How do I find out more?
The information and expression of interest pack contains lots of useful information about the programme and how to apply with your project topic idea.
Virtual roadshows are also due to take place as follows where you can find out more about the programme, with the opportunity to ask questions – please click on the relevant link to attend. No booking is required:
- Friday 1st October 2021 (12.00-13.00) – via MS Teams
- Friday 8th October 2021 (12.00-13.00) – via MS Teams